28 July 2006

this is the girl in me blabbing

a few days back a good friend of mine blogged about her current struggle of losing some weight after giving birth. she is putting all her effort these days to be able to wear size Small again. of course, i am one of those who supports her. i know that she will be able to do it especially when she puts her mind into it.

now it's my turn to do the blogging in wanting to lose some weight. NO! i didn't give birth recently but it was more of pigging out a lot lately. you see, over the summer i was able to lose 8 pounds or so that made me so giddy. i was able to wear my old skimpy jeans which were getting dusty in my closet, buy my fave summer, "slutty" (no pun intended) tees and fit perfectly in my two-piece bikinis. let's just say that over the summer i was really able to flaunt it without the hang-ups. ;-)

it's just been two months since summer and he noticed that some fat is starting to show under my chin. meaning, i was starting to have a second chin. he even apologized for pointing it out since he knew what i felt about gaining weight. i got alarmed and was already pressing the panic button in my head. if i don't do something about it soon, i will not be able to wear all those uber sexy and comfy clothes. and i don't like that. i don't want to go back to feeling a bit insecure about my weight and physical looks.

don't get me wrong, i DON'T want to be model skinny. i don't even starve myself or exhaust myself from all the exercise. i just want to maintain my current weight because this the ideal weight for my height. plus, this is the body built i want. i get to wear any kind of clothing i want (ok, not everything i want. because he has to approve what i'm wearing). plus, it really adds to my self-confidence. i feel good and look good.

so now, i am TRYING to start dieting. TRYING being the operative word. i'm going back to avoiding my favorite "unhealthy" food like chocolates, ice cream, cakes and soda. i am also strictly enforcing my 1 cup of rice per meal rule. this will be tough for me especially avoiding all those mouth-watering sweets. and i love eating really. but i know he will be there to help me out and control my urge to eat all those "unhealthy" food.

i told him last night that i should have a good motivation for maintaining my current weight and get rid of that extra chin. he had this idea on what my motivation should be. i laughed at his idea hysterically. but he was dead serious. if i don't get rid of my extra chin and maintain my current weight, he will do something as my "punishment." and because i don't like the "punishment" i have to do everything in my power to lose some weight.

*photos courtesy of yahoo images

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

intriguing! i wonder what that punishment is...

basta we'll slim down again. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, it's your weigh-in tomorrow! excited for you! hoping it will cheer you up.

yeah...you are so right. skinny jeans...slutty tops. those are the best pick-me-uppers on a bad day. :)

at least, you have less weight to lose, jen.