14 June 2006

"enemy" lines

at some point, you have to make a decision. boundaries don't keep other people out. they fence you in. life is messy. that's how we're made. so, you can waste your lives drawing lines. or you can live your life crossing them. but there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross. – meredith grey

i have crossed a few boundaries and lines a few times in my life. some of which were a walk in the park while the rest were REALLY way too DANGEROUS to cross. but i did it anyways. more often than not, the boundaries and lines i’ve crossed were emotionally and mentally draining for me. i always had a few moments of asking myself why i did such a thing. i sometimes think that i was stupid to do it in the first place. my mischief of crossing boundaries and lines have also hurt me the process.

after hyperventilating and focusing, i realize that i want these draining experiences. it’s something i have to go through to find out what i really want. i want to know what life has to offer me. i don’t regret crossing dangerous boundaries and lines because these things taught me a thing or two. i was or still am a firm believer of not living my life with regrets and a bunch of what-ifs. so i do things to satisfy my curiosity (more of the figurative language, ok?) which other people might not approve of.

if i need to cross a few more dangerous boundaries in the future, i would plunge right into it. even if it would be another draining and hurtful experience for me. because at the end of the day, i have thrown another what-if out the window.

hmm.. i'm probably crazy… yeah, i'm definitely crazy. but a friend told me that “crazy” suits me.

No comments: